With the pandemic, even children are inevitably recommended to wear a mask. This is especially so when they are still going to a day care center in Chicago, Illinois that they are enrolled in.
However, there are certain restrictions when it comes to letting a child wear a mask. Regardless of whether they are going to preschool or grocery shopping with parents, here are the guidelines to follow when allowing a child to wear a mask:
- Children five years old and above must wear a cloth face covering while they are staying in childcare in Illinois.
- Children under five years of age are recommended to wear a mask provided that they can safely and consistently wear it.
- Children under two years of age must not wear a mask as they are unable to remove their face covering without assistance.
Aside from these guidelines, here are some precautions to take into account regarding the use of cloth face covering, especially while in a daycare facility such as 79th St Daycare:
- Masks must not have any attachments that can cause choking hazards (stickers, buttons, etc.).
- Masks must be removed when the child is participating in activities that may make the mask a strangulation risk.
- Masks must not be worn when the child is sleeping.
- Masks must not be worn when the child is participating in activities that will get them wet (i.e., swimming)
- Masks must not be worn during high-intensity activities (i.e., running)
Suite Little Feet is committed to ensuring your child’s safety. We’ll make sure that our facility will become a safe place for them to receive quality childcare on Southside. Book an appointment to get to know us!